You are here
Hours & Location
Monday - Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 12:00 noon - 5:00 p.m.
After regular Library hours:
The Library is registered with the Emergency Closing Center. You may also sign up to be notified by email if the Library is forced to close.
(Tip: Don't forget the period in "St. Charles" when searching for us.)
Special hours for 2019
- Friday, November 15 (Staff Training)
- Wednesday, November 27 at 6:00 p.m. (Thanksgiving Eve)
- Thursday, November 28 (Thanksgiving Day)
- Tuesday, December 24 (Christmas Eve)
- Wednesday, December 25 (Christmas Day)
- Tuesday, December 31 at 5:00 p.m. (New Year’s Eve)
Special hours for 2020
- Wednesday, January 1 (New Year’s Day)
- Monday, February 17 (President’s Day)
- Sunday, April 12 (Easter)
- Friday, May 1 at 6:00 p.m. (Staff Recognition Dinner)
- Monday, May 25 (Memorial Day)
- Saturday, July 4 (Independence Day)
- Monday, September 7 (Labor Day)
- Friday, November 13 (In-Service)
- Thursday, November 26 (Thanksgiving Day)
- Thursday, December 24 (Christmas Eve)
- Friday, December 25 (Christmas Day)
- Thursday, December 31 at 5:00 p.m. (New Year’s Eve)
Map and Driving Directions
One South 6th Ave.
St Charles, IL 60174
630-584-9390 Youth Services
St. Charles Public Library serves a population of approximately 55,092 residents of the Fox River Valley community of St. Charles, Illinois, 35 miles west of Chicago. Although connected to the city by a commuter rail line in nearby Geneva, St. Charles strives to retain its small town heritage. The Library, with a total collection of approximately 400,000 items, offers a wide variety of information and recreational reading to meet the expectations of both the general public and local businesses. In addition, the Library maintains a full calendar of programs to both entertain and educate children and adults alike.