You are here
Book Club Service Details
Here is what we need to know:
- What is the name of your book club? This will be used to identify your items on our hold shelf.
- When does your book club meet (for example, 2nd Tuesday, the 23rd of every month)?
- What is the title of your book? We can accept up to 12 months of titles in advance. If a title is unavailable, we can suggest another title to you. *We cannot borrow current best sellers or items less than 6 months old,*
- How many copies do you need?
- Do you need any large print or audio books? If so, how many?
- Name, email address and phone number of the primary contact for the group. This is the person who will be contacted when the discussion materials are available, or if there are any issues or questions. The contact person must have a St. Charles Library card.
Here is what we can offer:
- Books will be available at our library approximately 5 weeks before the book club date. You will be notified by email when they are available.
- Items will be due 2 days after discussion.
- Items cannot be renewed .
- Items can be checked out by any member of your group. One member may check out multiple copies, or, if a person has library cards for different people, they can be checked out to those individual card numbers.
- Only the book club contact needs a St. Charles Library Card. Other cards must be registered here in order to check out. If a member does not have a library card, another member may check out for them.
- Items must be checked out at the Circulation Desk so we are able to give you your “special” due date.
- Items MUST be returned to the St. Charles library. For example, if one of your members is a Geneva library patron, they would need to return the copy to the St. Charles library.
- Any book club questions should be directed to our book club coordinators at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is a new service; we welcome any feedback that you provide, so we can meet the needs of our community.
Holly & Vickie
St. Charles Public Library
Book club coordinators/Interlibrary loan
630.584.0076 ext 224