You are here
Book Club Service Details
Information we need from your club:
- What is the name of your book club? This will be used to identify your items on our hold shelf.
- The date of your discussion(s) and the title(s) you will discuss.
We need the title of your book eight weeks before your discussion date, so we have time to order and process the items. We can accept up to 12 months of titles in advance. *We cannot borrow current best sellers or items less than six months old *We have book sets for some high demand titles.
- When does your book club meet? (for example, 2nd Tuesday, the 23rd of every month)
- What is the title of your book? We can accept up to 12 months of titles in advance. If a title is unavailable, we can suggest another title to you.
- How many copies do you need?
- Do you need any large print or audiobooks? If so, how many?
- Name, email address and phone number of the primary contact for the group; the contact person must have a St. Charles Library card. This is the person who will be contacted if there are any issues or questions regarding your book club. If your book club leader is not the same as the contact person, we would also need their contact information for all book club-related communication, including discussion material, format choices, availability, etc.
Here is what we offer:
- Books will be available at our library approximately five weeks before the book club date. You will be notified by email when they are available.
- Items will be due two days after discussion.
- Some items cannot be renewed.
- Items can be checked out by any member of your group. One member may check out multiple copies, or, if a person has library cards for different people, they can be checked out to those individual card numbers.
- Only the primary book club contact needs a St. Charles Library card. Other cards must be registered here in order to check out items. If a member does not have a library card, another member may check out for them.
- Items must be checked out at the Circulation Desk so we are able to give you your “special” due date. If you choose to use the self-check, the checkout period is 3 weeks.
- Any book club questions should be directed to our book club team at email@example.com.
Book Club Team
St. Charles Public Library
630.584.0076 ext 224