You are here
Circulation Clerk, Part-Time Position
Note: This is NOT a “Summer only” position. This is a Part Time, year round, position. No summer applications will be considered.
#14.5 hours a week:
- Monday: Off
- Tuesday: 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
- Thursday: Off
- Friday: 4:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Saturday: Off
- Sunday: 12:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m. (every other)
This individual is responsible for shelving and/or sorting books, periodicals, and other library materials and making sure that materials are in proper order on designated carts. Empties book drops and may empty courier bins. Inspects materials for damage; referring damaged items to appropriate staff and may also check-in library materials. Performs telephone receptionist duties, ascertaining the nature of the call, and personally assists the caller or directs the caller to the appropriate individual or department; answers patron inquiries about their account and assists with payments and holds placement. Also includes registering patrons for programs and events; reserving meeting rooms and study rooms for patrons. Maintains the orderly appearance of our library by clearing tables of books, periodicals, library materials and routinely “read” shelves to ensure materials are properly located. Assists patrons with library equipment available for public use.
Qualifications- Candidates must have knowledge and skills in the following areas:
- Record keeping principles and practices.
- Standard office practices and procedures, including filing and the operation of general technology and communications.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for working with a variety of individuals from various socioeconomic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Sorting and filing alphabetically and numerically.
- Understanding and following oral and written instructions.
- Following established routines.
- Reading numbers and letters rapidly and accurately.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or Library goals, objectives and activities.
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Working with a variety of individuals.
Education and Experience:
- High School graduate or equivalent; customer service preferred.
Mobility to work in a library setting, use standard office equipment and stamina to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 20 pounds and push carts that weigh up to 100 pounds; agility to bend, reach and climb; vision to read printed materials and computer screens; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Hourly Rate: Pay Range per hour: $12.00 - $ 15.80 - $19.19
Applications can be found at http://www.stcharleslibrary.org/employment
Electronic applications and resumes may be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls please.
The St. Charles Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer