You are here
What is Outreach Services?
The Library offers outreach services that facilitates Library use for residents who have difficulty getting to the Library due to mobility or health issues. We deliver materials to residents’ homes and to participating senior facilities, and arrange service for individuals who are mobility challenged.
What types of services are offered?
Outreach Services brings the Library to you when you are unable to get to the Library for extended periods. Outreach will:
- Help you select books, magazines, DVDs, audiobooks, or other materials
- Arrange to get these to you via home delivery, mail, or pick-up
- Help you register for Library cards, provide notary and voter registration services
Senior facilities deliveries
Outreach Services makes regular visits to the following facilities:
- Autumn Leaves of St. Charles (memory care)
- Bickford of St. Charles (assisted living)
- Brighton Gardens of St. Charles (assisted living)
- Carroll Tower (independent living)
- Carriage Oaks (independent living)
- Hunt Club Village (independent living)
- River Glen (assisted living)
- Rosewood Care Center (skilled care)
- Silverado Memory Care Community (memory care)
- The Grove Care Center (skilled care)
- Old Country Care (residential care for people with Alzheimer’s)
How do I sign up for delivery services?
Call the Outreach Services Librarian at 630-584-0076, ext. 219. The librarian will ask about your situation and guide you through the application process.
How will my books be delivered?
Eligible patrons have three choices for delivery:
- Home delivery: We arrange for a mutually agreeable time to visit your home.
- Books by Mail: We mail up to 10 items per month at no cost.
- Pick-up at Circulation Desk: We check out items and leave them at the Circulation Desk for your caregiver or family member to pick up.
How long is the loan period for Outreach?
Most items checked out by Outreach Services have an eight-week loan period. Bestselling books, DVDs, or CDs are checked out for shorter periods, depending on demand.
How much does it cost to use Outreach Services?
The service is free to all eligible residents of the St. Charles Library District. Outreach Services is able to provide any circulating material, including DVDs, CDs, magazines, audiobooks, large print books, and regular print books.
Who do I call if I have a question?
Contact the Outreach Services Librarian by telephone at 630-584-0076, ext. 219 or by email.