You are here
Facilities and Security Manager
The St. Charles Public Library District is seeking a qualified full-time Facilities and Security Manager for our library. This individual would join our dynamic team in a position which would provide the right candidate with the opportunity to be part of building processes to move the Library forward in the development of state of the art facility management.
Our building is currently undergoing a major renovation with the new building set to open sometime in the summer of 2021. This is an outstanding opportunity to participate as an integral part of our team, contributing expertise in facilities management in this new structure’s plans.
The award-winning St. Charles Public Library District is located in the scenic Fox River Valley, 35 miles west of Chicago. The Library serves a district population of 55,092 residents and has a staff of 105.
- Salaried Position - 37.5 hrs. a week
Benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision and prescription drug plan; IMRF retirement plan participation, basic and optional life insurance; Flexible Spending Accounts; 457 deferred compensation plan; 4 weeks paid vacation per year, 2 personal days and paid sick time.
We are seeking a professional multi-skilled candidate who can balance technical maintenance expertise with good people skills and who has excellent project management and planning skills. This position needs to be able to attend to multiple concerns involving both patrons, library staff members and their working environment, requiring excellent organizational and multitasking ability, using best business practices to manage resources, services and processes to meet the needs of the Library. This position is responsible for the development, implementation and execution of the facility management and security program including preventative maintenance and life-cycle requirements; perform analysis and forecasting of the Library’s mantainence and security needs. Must plan and monitor appropriate facility management and security staffing levels to ensure efficient utilization of staff. The Facility and Security Manager ensures security and emergency preparedness procedures are implemented in the Library properly and conducts and documents regular facilities and safety inspections to ensure compliance with health and safety standards and industry codes. Generates and presents regular reports and reviews of facility-related budgets, contracts, expenditures and purchases. Plans, develops and implements cost reduction initiatives. Heads the Safety Committee and oversees environmental health and safety. Oversees and supervises the quality of work of facility staff to ensure that all tasks are performed correctly, efficiently, and effectively.
Required knowledge of:
- Principles and practices of facilities management
- Time and project management, multi-tasking and tracking abilities
- Principles and practices of business administration
- Principles and practices of budgeting and financial reporting
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, including selection, work planning, organization, performance review and evaluation, and employee training and discipline.
- Administrative principles and practices, including goal setting, program development, implementation and evaluation.
- Materials, methods, practices and equipment used in facilities construction, maintenance and repair.
- Applicable laws, codes and regulations.
- Principles and practices of developing teams, motivating employees and managing in a team environment.
- Operation, adjustment, preventive maintenance and minor repair of power tools and equipment related to the work.
- Safety principles, practices and equipment related to the work.
- Computer applications related to the work.
- Shop mathematics.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for working effectively with a variety of individuals from various socioeconomic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
Required skill in:
- Planning, organizing, assigning and supervising the work of others.
- Supervising a complex building construction, remodeling, maintenance and repair program.
- Assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Preparing clear and concise documentation, reports, correspondence and other written materials.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within established procedural guidelines.
- Maintaining accurate records of work performed.
- Developing and managing assigned budgets.
- Analytical/Critical Thinking
- Interpreting, applying and explaining state and local laws, regulations and policies.
- Performing accurate arithmetic calculations.
- Interpreting and explaining blueprints and plans.
- Managing contracts and vendors.
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- Using tact, discretion and prudence in dealing with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Dealing successfully with a variety of individuals.
Education and Experience:
BA or BS in facilities management, engineering, business administration or relevant field; Relevant professional qualification (eg. CFM) preferred; AND five (5) years of journey-level experience including at least one (1) year as a supervisor in facilities construction, maintenance and repair operations; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Fill out online application here.
Electronic applications and resumes may be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
St. Charles Public Library District
305 S. 9th St., St. Charles, IL 60174
The St. Charles Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer