You are here
Facilities Assistant – Part Time
Part Time Position – 19 hours a week - Days
Schedule: Monday - Thursday: 5:00-9:00 p.m. and Saturday: 9:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Duties: Responsible for providing cleaning and maintenance support services for Library buildings and adjacent grounds. Assist with the additional disinfecting and cleaning protocols within the facility during pandemic.
- Dusts and polishes furniture and woodwork; dusts counters, windowsills, window blinds and similar fixtures. Vacuums as needed.
- Cleans and disinfects restrooms; restocks restroom supplies as required.
- Patrols ground and collects debris.
- Performs routine building repairs and maintenance.
- Assists in transporting book and material donations to the appropriate areas.
- Empties, cleans and lines waste receptacles and disposes of trash.
- Washes doors, windows, walls, ceilings, window blinds and furniture; polishes metalwork.
- Assists with opening and closing of facilities; including securing windows, doors, turning off lights.
- Cleans lighting fixtures and changes bulb or tube as needed.
- Waters outdoor garden beds.
- Strips, seals and buffs floors.
- Reports the need for maintenance or repair of facilities to the appropriate supervisor; corrects or reports any fire or safety hazards and places barriers in public areas.
- Maintains equipment, materials and supplies in proper condition.
- Observes safe working practices, including maintaining storage areas in a safe condition.
- Follows label instructions to mix and dilute cleansers, disinfectants and stripping agents to ensure proper strength for use according to the MSDS recommendations.
- Keeps basic records of work performed.
- Drives the Library van to pick up the books in various community book drops.
- Assists with snow removal and landscaping as needed.
- Sets up meeting rooms and rearranges furniture.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the library's service to its patrons by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Mobility to work in an office setting, use standard cleaning and maintenance equipment and tools; stamina to sit, stand and walk for extended periods of time; strength to lift and carry up to 50 pounds and push carts that weigh up to 100 pounds; agility to bend, reach and climb; vision to read printed materials and computer screens; and hearing and speech to communicate in person or over the telephone.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND one (1) year of custodial/maintenance experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Salary: Pay range starts at $16.11 and will vary depending on qualifications and experience.
Applications accepted until position is filled
Download Employment Application
Electronic applications with resumes may be sent to: email@example.com
The St. Charles Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer