You are here
Facilities Assistant- Full Time
Full-Time Position - Evenings
Schedule: Monday – Friday– 3:00 p.m. – 11:00 p.m. – 37.5 hrs. a week, with full-time benefits.
Duties: Responsible for providing cleaning and maintenance support services for Library buildings and adjacent grounds.
- Dusts and polishes furniture and woodwork; dusts counters, windowsills, window blinds and similar fixtures. Vacuums as needed.
- Cleans and disinfects restrooms; restocks restroom supplies as required.
- Patrols ground and collects debris.
- Performs routine building repairs and maintenance.
- Assists in transporting book and material donations to the appropriate areas.
- Empties, cleans and lines waste receptacles and disposes of trash.
- Washes doors, windows, walls, ceilings, window blinds and furniture; polishes metalwork.
- Assists with opening and closing of facilities; including securing windows, doors, turning off lights.
- Cleans lighting fixtures and changes bulb or tube as needed.
- Waters outdoor garden beds.
- Strips, seals and buffs floors.
- Reports the need for maintenance or repair of facilities to the appropriate supervisor; corrects or reports any fire or safety hazards and places barriers in public areas.
- Maintains equipment, materials and supplies in proper condition.
- Observes safe working practices, including maintaining storage areas in a safe condition.
- Follows label instructions to mix and dilute cleansers, disinfectants and stripping agents to ensure proper strength for use according to the MSDS recommendations.
- Keeps basic records of work performed.
- Drives the Library van to pick up the books in various community book drops.
- Assists with snow removal and landscaping as needed.
- Sets up meeting rooms and rearranges furniture.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the library's service to its patrons by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND one (1) year of custodial/maintenance experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Salary: Pay range starts at $13.98 and will vary depending on qualifications and experience.
Applications accepted until position is filled
Download Employment Application
Electronic applications with resumes may be sent to: email@example.com
The St. Charles Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer