You are here
Fundraising activities allow Friends of St. Charles Public Library to generously support Library programs. The proceeds from our popular used book sales, including lobby book sales, and the sale of items such as Library book bags, all benefit the Library. Because of help from the Friends, the Library is able to use taxpayer revenue for books and other essential items while still offering many programs and services.
The Friends have sponsored and funded:
- Incentives for all Summer Reading programs
- The Summer Reading Program Ice Cream Social
- A Babysitter Training program in Youth Services
- Young Adult Exam Crams
- The Carnegie Building paver brick program
- The aquarium in Youth Services and share maintenance costs
- An Assistive Listening System in Huntley Meeting Room
- Display cabinets in Youth Services and Carnegie Community Room
- The purchase of five book drops
This is just a small portion of what the Friends have contributed over the years. We believe that our award-winning Library is a vital part of our community and are committed to its continued pursuit of excellence.
Used Book Sales
Book lovers eagerly look forward to our spring and fall used book sales, where they find great deals on books, CDs, DVDs, computer games and audiobooks. “This is a great opportunity for people to purchase books at affordable prices while supporting the Library,” notes Judi Asselborn, Friends' President.
Donated books are organized by Friends during the week preceding the sale, which begins on Friday afternoon and runs through Sunday.
Lobby Book Sales
Don't you wish we had book sales every day? Well, we do! Used books, both hard cover and paper, and CDs and DVDs are sold in the Library lobby year-round by Friends. A great place for patrons to browse for book bargains everyday!
Book bags, flash drives and other items are sold by the Friends and are available throughout the year at the Circulation and Reference desk.