You are here
Information Technology Associate - Part Time
Part-Time Position - Evenings
Schedule: 16 hours a week:
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday: 4 p.m. to 9 p.m.
Duties: Responsible for providing technical support for Library patrons and staff; troubleshoots a variety of equipment and software.
- Primarily provides technical support and assistance to library patrons at the Computer Help Desk, as well as technical support to library staff.
- Sets up A/V and computer equipment for presentations, classes and events; tests and troubleshoots equipment.
- Provides assistance at Computer Help Desk; answers technical support queries; researches technical issues; refers higher complexity issues to appropriate staff.
- Provides instructional and user documentation for library hardware and software.
- Assists and instructs patrons and staff in the use of library computers, mobile devices, wireless connections, wireless printing, specialized equipment, software, and applications; assists with scanning, faxing and copying needs.
- Assists patrons in use of library materials in digital catalog.
- Monitors and replenishes printer supplies.
- Cleans and disinfects computers and workstations.
- Prepares, submits, and summarizes various routine and non-routine reports.
- Utilizes personal computers, library services platforms, the Internet, e-mail, and online tools and resources.
- Maintains current knowledge of personal and network hardware and software.
- Ensures proper operation of resources by monitoring public computer and office equipment; trouble shoots computer and software issues to ensure resolution.
- Relocates, connects and disconnects equipment and materials as required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED; AND one (1) year of customer service experience in problem solving and assisting computer users on personal computer software and associated peripheral equipment operation; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Salary: Pay range starts at $12.72 and will vary depending on qualifications and experience.
Download Employment Application
Electronic applications and resumes may be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications accepted until filled.
The St. Charles Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer