You are here
Information Technology Technician
Schedule: 15.5 hours a week:
Monday - 5:00 p.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Friday- 4:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Saturday – 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Duties: Responsible for providing complex technical support for Library staff and patrons; troubleshoots and install a variety of software and hardware.
- Installs, tests, documents and maintains hardware and software.
- Upgrades and modifies operating systems by installing new vendor releases.
- Assists with web development and maintenance projects.
- Provides assistance and instruction to IT staff.
- Provides technical support and assistance to library staff and patrons.
- Sets up A/V and computer equipment for presentations, classes and events; tests and troubleshoots equipment.
- Provides assistance at Computer Help Desk; answers technical support queries; researches technical issues; refers higher complexity issues to appropriate staff.
- Provides instructional and user documentation for library hardware and software.
- Assists and instructs patrons and staff in the use of library computers, mobile devices, wireless connections, wireless printing, specialized equipment, software, and applications; assists with scanning, faxing and copying needs.
- Maintains current knowledge of personal and network hardware and software.
- Ensures proper operation of resources by monitoring public computer and office equipment; trouble shoots computer and software issues to ensure resolution.
- Relocates, connects and disconnects equipment and materials as required.
Education and Experience:
High School Diploma/GED supplemented by formal coursework and/or certification in information technology; AND two (2) years of experience in information technology support/help desk function; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Standard personal computer system hardware and business application software operating capabilities and limitations.
- Library policies and procedures.
- Computer hardware and software, mobile devices and applications, specialized equipment, online tools and resources including integrated library systems, and network wireless connections and applications supported by the Library.
- Basic hardware and software installation and updates.
- Records management principles and practices.
- Standard office practices and procedures, including filing and the operation of standard office equipment.
- Correct business English, including spelling, grammar and punctuation.
- Techniques for working with a variety of individuals from various socioeconomic, ethnic and cultural backgrounds.
- Installing, maintaining and troubleshooting personal computer hardware and software.
- Troubleshooting, use and management of library technology resources.
- Training others in technology use.
- Preparing clear, accurate, and concise reports and logs of work performed.
- Using initiative and independent judgment within general policy guidelines.
- Communicating effectively in oral and written forms.
- Understanding and following oral and written instructions.
- Using tact, discretion and prudence in working or interacting with those contacted in the course of the work.
- Contributing effectively to the accomplishment of team or library’s goals, objectives and activities.
- Working successfully with a variety of individuals.
Salary: Pay range starts at $13.98 and will vary depending on qualifications and experience.
Download Employment Application
Electronic applications and resumes may be sent to: email@example.com
Applications accepted until filled.
The St. Charles Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer