You are here
Library Closing Due to Covid-19
Update 5/29/20: The Library remains closed and is following the guidelines of the Governor's Restore Illinois Phase 3 Recovery Plan. As part of the Library's phased reopening, we will begin offering limited Pickup Service on June 10, 2020.
Update 4/23/20: The Library is following any continued guidelines and recommendation of the Governor's Stay at Home Order and closed until further notice.
Update 4/9/20: The Board of Trustees, at the Board Meeting on April 8, 2020, has voted to extend the Library closure to April 30, 2020 and follow any continued guidelines and recommendation of the Governor's Stay at Home Order.
Update 3/30/20: The Board of Trustees, at the Special Board meeting on March 30, 2020, has voted to extend the Library closure to April 9, 2020.
The Board will meet again on April 8 at 7:00 p.m. to reassess the situation.
Update 3/18/20: The Board of Trustees has voted to close the Library from March 16 until March 31, 2020. This decision was reached with Trustees and Administration after considerable evaluation. The health and safety of our community and our staff is our top priority. The Board will meet again on March 30 at 7:00 p.m. to reassess the situation.
For the past few weeks we have been actively monitoring the ongoing coronavirus disease (COVID-19) and following the recommendations of federal, state and local authorities. The Library closure is in direct response to our commitment to work within health guidelines, to mitigate the spread of COVID-19, and to limit the exposure to our community. Please be assured, there are no indications that our locations are affected. These safety measures are out of an abundance of caution, not due to any known exposure.
We are working remotely, answering your questions. Please call us, email, text or chat and a library staff member will respond as soon as possible.
- Call (630) 584-0076
- Live Chat on our website
- Text (630) 395-7557
We encourage you to use the library‘s online resources including eBooks, downloadable audiobooks and databases for homework help.
There are many Library services that can be accessed from home using your Library card.
- Movies & TV
- Comics & Graphic Novels
- Hobbies, Crafts, & Cooking
- Online Learning
- Homework Help
Recently Enhanced Services
- Kanopy's - Credit-Free Viewing category or Kanopy Kids
- Overdrive has increased the number of simultaneous checkouts and holds to 10
- RBdigital Audiobooks 33,000 unlimited titles recently added
- Hoopla's - Bonus Borrows won't count against your monthly limit
- AudioBookCloud - new streaming audiobook resource for all ages
- Teen Book Cloud - new resource for students in grades 7-12
- TumbleMath - new math resource for students in grades K-6
- World Book - now with more foreign language options and several subject-specific modules great for elementary students
- Ancestry Library - use from home extended while we are closed
- Scholastic Resources to Teach Children about Coronavirus
- Scholastic Learn at Home - educational resources for PK-9
- Acorn, The Great Courses Library Collection, and more video collections recently added to the RB platform
We recommend getting health updates from the following agencies:
World Health Organization: WHO
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: CDC
Illinois Department of Public Health: IDPH
Kane County Health Department
Delnor Hospital COVID-19 Overview
DuPage County Health Department
LitCovid (from the National Library of Medicine)
CDC Print Resources (hand outs and posters)
Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
Avoiding Coronavirus Scams - Tips from the FTC
Save Our History - Contribute to the History Musuem's COVID-19 Collection
Please visit scpld.org. the latest updates and announcements.
You may direct questions to email@example.com