You are here
VHS to Digital Transfer Station
Transfer Your Old VHS Tapes to a USB flash drive or DVD
The Library has a VHS to Digital Transfer Station for SCPL cardholders. Simply bring in your VHS tape and USB flash drive or a blank DVD, and go home with your family movies conveniently saved.
We also have a VHS to DVD recorder that SCPL cardholders can check out for one week to convert your VHS tapes to a DVD at home. Click here to check availability and to place a hold.
You can purchase the following from the library:
* 16 GB USB flash drive for $6.00
* DVD-R for .25 cents
- If you bring in your own blank DVD, it must be a DVD-R or DVD-RW type (NOT a DVD+R or DVD+RW).
- The transfer time is equal to the length of the video plus 5 or 10 minutes more to finalize the process.
- When transferring to a USB flash drive, allow a minimum of 1.1 GB of memory for every 60 minutes of video.
- Instruction sheets are available at the VHS to Digital Transfer Station.
- We are not able to assist the transfer of copyrighted material.
- This equipment and instructions are located in our Technology Center and is available on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- Computers shut down 5 minutes before the library closes.
- Technology Center closes during scheduled classes. See the computer class calendar to plan your visit.
Please check in at the Computer Help Desk or call 630-584-0076 ext. 208 for availability.