You are here
Request for Proposal - RFID System
RFP for RFID System
Submittal due Date & Time: January 25, 2019
Submittal shall be submitted to:
St. Charles Public Library District
One South Sixth Avenue
St. Charles, IL 60174-2195
Attn: Edith G. Craig, Library Director
Number of Copies: Submit 1 electronic and 3 hard copies of the proposal.
Submittals submitted by fax or email will not be accepted.
Offers may not be withdrawn for a period of 90 days after proposal due date without the consent of the St. Charles Public Library District.
The St. Charles Public Library District reserves the right to reject any and all submittals of parts thereof, to waive any irregularities or informalities in proposal procedures and to award the contract in a manner best serving the interest of the Library. The Library will not return any materials received in response to this invitation.
Submittals will not be opened in a public forum.
The Board of Trustees of the St. Charles Public Library District (SCPLD) requests proposals for a RFID system to be installed for improved collection security and for a seamless user experience for library patrons. The vendor should be in the position to refer to an operational site or sites, and be prepared to give demonstrations, if asked, on the use and functions of the following integrated modules:
- Conversion from barcode to RFID tag regardless of medium of the item
- Tagging of a newly acquired item regardless of medium of item
- Application integration with SirsiDynix Symphony and Workflows
- Staff check -out and check-in of all materials
- Performing inventory with a portable RFID reader
- Activity statistics compilations and display
- RFID security gates to read items not disabled at checkout process
- Future integration with automated material handler(s)
Additional components that may be considered but not required:
- Patron self-discharging units (book-drop or in-library)
Read the full Request for Proposal (FRP) for RFID System