You are here
Security Assistant, Part-time
Schedule: 16-19 hours a week -Evenings
Tuesday, Thursday - 4 p.m. -9:00 p.m.
Every other Friday - 4 p.m. to 8:00 p.m.;
Every other Friday - Sunday - 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Duties: This position is responsible for maintaining the security and safety of the library patrons, employees and facility. Responsibilities include:
- Patrols buildings and grounds for inappropriate activity and takes action in accordance with library policies.
- Inspects for evidence of unauthorized entry or use, vandalism and theft, and any safety hazards using all available security tools, including the surveillance videos.
- Reports and documents any emergency to the “Manager in Charge”, manager, and/or police/fire department.
- Provides information and directs the public to desired services.
- Interfaces with anyone who may be loud, disruptive or engaging in any inappropriate behavior; ensures adherence to library policies and standards of facility use in a professional manner.
- Reports facility maintenance and safety issues to “Manager in Charge” and/or supervisor.
- Secures facility closing; turns off lights; secures doors; sets alarm.
- Completes required forms and logs.
- May assist the Facilities Assistant with duties as needed.
- May be required to assist in transporting book and material donations to the appropriate areas.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the library’s service to its patrons by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a team.
Education and Experience: High School Diploma/GED; AND one (1) year of security experience. PERC card holder or similar certification for security and safety required or have within six (6) months of hire.
Salary: Pay range starts at $13.98 and will vary depending on qualifications and experience.
Applications accepted until position is filled.
Electronic applications and resumes may be sent to: email@example.com
The St. Charles Public Library is an Equal Opportunity Employer