You are here
Placing a Hold
If the book or other item you want is checked out you may place a hold on the item. St. Charles Library cardholders may have up to 50 holds, and will be notified when an item is available to pick up.
To request items, use the online catalog . From the search results page, click the "place hold" button on the right-hand side of page.
Checking Your Holds
Login to My Account and click Holds to see your items on hold. You may cancel selected holds from this page.
Materials coming from outside of our shared catalog will not be listed here until they are available.
Suspend Selected Holds
Handy if you’re going to be on vacation, you can temporarily suspend your holds for a specific time. While your holds are suspended, they will continue to advance in the queue, but they will not be filled until the "Suspend until" date is reached. Login to My Account then click Holds and look for the "Suspend Holds" button.
Interlibrary Loan for Items not in our Catalog
- Requests for materials not in the "All LINC Libraries" search results of our catalog, may be made:
- In-person at the Reference Services Desk
- By telephone to 630-584-0076, ext. 1
- Online using the Title Request Form or Magazine/Journal Article Request Form
- Or search and request items through WorldCat, a global catalog of library collections.
Picking Up Your Holds
Items are held for you in the holds area next to the Circulation Desk. Look for the first two (2) letters of your last name then the last five (5) digits of your Library card number.
Questions about your holds? Ask Us!