Notary services are free and offered in accordance with the Illinois Notary Public Handbook and all applicable state and federal laws. See our Notary Services Policy for more information.
Phone First & Make an Appointment!
Please call and speak with a Notary to make an appointment to ensure a Notary will be available when you come to the Library.
What to Bring
- Your unsigned documents (you must sign them in front of the Notary). Documents cannot have blanks, corrections or missing pages.
- Witnesses, if required
- Your valid state or federal ID, with your photo and signature
Good to Know
- Notaries cannot give legal advice.
- The St. Charles Public Library Notaries do not notarize Cook County real estate documents or
- Due to Illinois notary law, we are unable to certify copies.
- Illinois law requires that a Notary and the patron seeking notarization be able to communicate directly with each other. The Library Notary is not permitted to make use of a translator.
- We have copiers, fax, and computers available for your use.