Swan Member Libraries
Loans & Renewals
Eligible items may automatically renew. (see chart below)
Fine Free Library
Effective July 1, 2022, the Library does not charge fines for most overdue items. The following overdue fines still apply:
- Projectors have a $10 per day overdue fine
- After an item is 21 days overdue, your account will be blocked from any further checkouts until you return the item.
- Overdue notices will be sent at 7 & 21 days overdue.
- For material not returned, a bill will be sent after 42 days.
- After 1 year, the cost of the item must be paid in full. Replacement copies are not accepted.
- Accounts with balances of $100 or more are referred to the Library’s materials recovery service.
Patrons are billed for lost, damaged, and incomplete items.
The current processing fee is $5.00.
Bills and fines may be paid at the Library by cash, check, or with your Visa, MasterCard, Discover card or American Express.
Chart of Loan periods/ Renewal eligibility
|Material Type||Loan Period||Auto-Renew||Limit|
|Audiobooks, Playaways, CDs||3 weeks||yes|
|Hot Picks||3 days||no||5 per card|
|DVDs – Movies||1 week||yes|
|DVDs – TV Series||2 weeks||yes|
|DVDs – Non-Fiction||3 weeks||yes|
|Video Games||1 week||yes||5 per card|
|Board Games, Puzzles||2 weeks||yes|
|Kits (Literacy, Parenting, STEAM)||3 weeks||no||5 per card|
|Lucky Day||1 week||no|
|Book bags||3 weeks||yes|
|BenQ Projectors & Screens||1 week||no||1 per card|
|Hotspots||2 weeks||yes||1 per household|
|Kindle eReaders||3 weeks||yes|
|All other equipment||2 weeks||yes|