You are here
Hours & Location
The Library’s temporary location at 305 S 9th St., is CLOSED, your new Library will reopen in early July. While we are closed, staff will be available during regular business hours. Click here for all of the ways to contact us. Watch for the latest information on our move and reopening at scpld.org, on social media, and in the Discover Your Library newsletter.
Monday - Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 12:00 noon - 5:00 p.m.
After regular Library hours:
Special hours for 2021
- Friday, January 1 (New Year’s Day)
- Monday, February 15 (Presidents' Day)
- Sunday, April 4 (Easter)
- Monday, May 31 (Memorial Day)
- Friday, June 11 at 5:00 p.m. (Staff Recognition Dinner)
- Sunday, July 4 (Independence Day)
- Monday, September 6 (Labor Day)
- Wednesday, November 24 at 6:00 p.m. (Thanksgiving Eve)
- Thursday, November 25 (Thanksgiving Day)
- Friday, December 24 (Christmas Eve)
- Saturday, December 25 (Christmas Day)
- Friday, December 31 at 5:00 p.m. (New Year’s Eve)
St. Charles Public Library serves a population of approximately 55,092 residents of the Fox River Valley community of St. Charles, Illinois, 35 miles west of Chicago. Although connected to the city by a commuter rail line in nearby Geneva, St. Charles strives to retain its small town heritage. The Library, with a total collection of approximately 400,000 items, offers a wide variety of information and recreational reading to meet the expectations of both the general public and local businesses. In addition, the Library maintains a full calendar of programs to both entertain and educate children and adults alike.