You are here
Hours & Location
The Library is closed, however we are offering Vestibule Pickup Service by appointment ONLY during regular business hours. Learn more...
We are located at the recently closed Haines building at 305 S. 9th St. map it. The renovation will begin March, 2020 and last for 12-14 months. Watch for the latest information on scpld.org, social media and Discover Your Library newsletter.
Monday - Thursday: 9:00 a.m. - 9:00 p.m.
Friday: 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
Saturday: 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Sunday: 12:00 noon - 5:00 p.m.
After regular Library hours:
Special hours for 2020
- Wednesday, January 1 (New Year’s Day)
- Monday, February 17 (President’s Day)
- Sunday, April 12 (Easter)
- Monday, May 25 (Memorial Day)
- Saturday, July 4 (Independence Day)
- Monday, September 7 (Labor Day)
- Wednesday, November 25 at 5:00 p.m. (Day before Thanksgiving)
- Thursday, November 26 (Thanksgiving Day)
- Thursday, December 24 (Christmas Eve)
- Friday, December 25 (Christmas Day)
- Thursday, December 31 at 5:00 p.m. (New Year’s Eve)
St. Charles Public Library serves a population of approximately 55,092 residents of the Fox River Valley community of St. Charles, Illinois, 35 miles west of Chicago. Although connected to the city by a commuter rail line in nearby Geneva, St. Charles strives to retain its small town heritage. The Library, with a total collection of approximately 400,000 items, offers a wide variety of information and recreational reading to meet the expectations of both the general public and local businesses. In addition, the Library maintains a full calendar of programs to both entertain and educate children and adults alike.
Library location map
March, 2020 - Summer, 2021
Temporary Library Location
305 S. 9th Street
St. Charles, IL 60174