You are here
Public Bid Notice
Legal Notice – Invitation to Bid
For Demolition of Buildings
Submittal Due Date & Time: Friday, February 22, 2019, 5:00 p.m. CST
Pre-Bid Meeting on site: Monday, February 11, 2019, 10:00 a.m. CST
Bid Opening Date & Time: Monday, February 25, 2019, 10:00 a.m. CST
Sealed bids shall be submitted to: St. Charles Public Library District
One South Sixth Avenue
St. Charles, IL 60174-2195
Attn: Edith G. Craig, Library Director
Offers may not be withdrawn for a period of 90 days after bid due date without the consent of the St. Charles Public Library District.
The St. Charles Public Library District reserves the right to reject any and all submittals of parts thereof, to waive any irregularities or informalities in proposal procedures and to award the contract in a manner best serving the interest of the Library. The Library will not return any materials received in response to this invitation.
The Library conforms to its Public Bidding Policy, which is available on the Library’s website, www.scpld.org/policies.
Statement of Purpose
The Board of Trustees of the St. Charles Public Library District (SCPLD) is currently soliciting bids for the demolition of two library-owned properties located adjacent to the library (see Site Plan at end of Legal Notice. This is a lowest responsible bid project which conforms to the Library’s Public Bidding Policy.
Properties to be removed:
- 104 Sixth Ave. Two story frame residential dwelling with basement, foundation, slab and garage.
- 112 Sixth Ave. Two story frame residential dwelling with basement, foundation and slab. Garage and southwest gardens to remain intact.
To prepare the property for upcoming renovation of library’s exterior site plan. Work to be completed in April – May of 2019, with a completion date by May 31, 2019, or as agreed to with owner in writing.
Specifications and Conditions
Demolition to include all components, including the breezeway, and the patio. The garage attached to 112 Sixth Avenue and the gardens on the southwest corner of the lot are to remain intact.
Contractor will be responsible for:
- Demolition of properties, leaving the property at existing grade including removing all debris, foundation walls, floors, slabs, and footings, removing any wells and utilities, septic tanks, septic fields, any underground storage tanks, and any hazardous substance and any and all needed environmental remediation. All water and sewer lines are to be removed and capped at the street mains; and all streets, sidewalks, curbs, lawns, and other required openings to be restored per current City of St. Charles requirements. All fill is to be compacted clay or engineered fill (CA-7) imported from off-site. All lots are to be free of any hazards, debris, stumps, rocks; and rough finish graded.
- Providing all materials, tools, machinery, labor, and supervision necessary for the demolition work on the above properties. Demolition work shall include excavation of any footing and foundations, including sidewalks not adjacent to the streets and parking and removal of all debris from the demolition site.
- Obtaining the local demolition permits and coordinating with the utilities for disconnection (water, sewer, electric, gas, etc.).
- Providing construction fencing, portable toilet facilities, and protection of all parkway and designated trees and landscape elements.
- Ensuring that all City of St. Charles regulations and laws governing abatement, disposal, and demolition are followed and adhered to Contractor shall include proposal for abatement of hazardous materials (see attached report provided by Midwest Environmental Services).
The St Charles Public Library has included Plat surveys of the properties for bidding purposes.
a) If a proposer discovers any ambiguity, conflict, discrepancy, omission, or other error in this bid, the contractor shall immediately notify the contact person of such error in writing and request clarification or modification of the document.
b) All contractors and sub-contractors employed in this project shall comply with all applicable provisions if the Illinois Human Rights Act and all Federal and state laws which prohibit discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, marital status, national origin ancestry, age or mental handicap, and all rules and regulations, promulgated and adopted pursuant thereto.
c) All bids must be in compliance with the current Prevailing Wage Rate for Kane County as established by the Library Board of Trustees.
d) Contractors and sub-contractors shall comply with the provisions of the Copeland “Anti-Kick-Back Act” (18 U.S.C. 874) as supplemented in the U.S. Department of Labor Regulations (29 CFR, Part 3).
e) The Board of Trustees for the St. Charles Public Library District reserves the right to waive any irregularities and to accept or reject any and all bids.
Bid Security & Sworn Statements
Each bid shall be accompanied by a Bid Security in the form of a bid bond in the name of the St. Charles Public Library District in an amount of 10% of the base bid amount.
Each bid shall also be accompanied by a sworn statement that the contractor has not been a party to collusion among bidders, in the form prescribed by 65 ILCS 5/8-10-8.
Performance and Payment Bond & Insurance
Bidder shall furnish a Performance and Payment Bond for the full amount of the contract within seven days of notification of the Award of the Contract. The selected contractor shall provide proof of insurance coverage, listing the St. Charles Public Library District as an additional insured. The minimum General Liability Aggregate Amount to be no less than $2,000,000 with Workers Compensation Coverage to be $100,000/100,000/500,000 policy limit.
All Bids must be accompanied by a list of at least 3 references of similar size and scope local (greater Chicago Area) projects within the last 3 years.
Pre-Bid Meeting –Site
Walkthrough and inspection will be held on Monday, February 11 at 10:00 a.m. Meet at 112 Sixth Avenue to commence walkthrough.
All qualified bidders must attend the Pre-bid Meeting in order to bid. Bids will not be accepted from non-attendees.
Chris Holstein, Facilities & Security Manager
St. Charles Public Library District
1 South 6th Ave.
St. Charles, IL 60174
Sealed Bids will be received at the library until 5:00 P.M. on February 22, 2019.