You are here
Please note: THE DRIVE-UP WINDOW will be temporarily closed beginning Wednesday, December 1 and reopen on Saturday, December 4. Please visit the Library to pick up your holds. If you have questions, call 630-584-0076 x210. We apologize for any inconvenience.
What you need to know
- Library materials placed on hold may be picked up inside the Library or through our new drive-up window service.
- Please wait for an available hold notice by email or phone, confirming your items are ready for pickup.
- Items must be picked up at the location where they are currently held.
To pick up holds inside the Library:
- You can now pick up your holds from the holds shelves inside the Library. Check them out at the welcome desk or the self-checkout kiosk.
- Items are held for seven days.
To use drive-up window service:
- Visit our new drive-up window and pick up your holds!
- Items are held for seven days
- Contact us for assistance or to place items on hold.
In order to use the drive-up service, you must select:
“St. Charles Public Library District Drive-up Window”
Or to use the Library you must select:
“St. Charles Public Library” when placing a hold.
You can change the location of a hold you’ve already placed. To change the pickup location:
- Log into your account and click on the “My Preferences” on your left side.
- Select the holds you want to pick up at the drive-up window by clicking on the box right of each title.
- Click on the “Change Pick Up Location”.
- Select the new location using the drop-down menu, and click “Change Location.”