You are here
Movies & TV
Great News! You can now get your St. Charles Public Library card online! Learn more or Apply now
Scroll down to the Entertainment category and check out a 7-day unlimited access pass to one of 5 channels:
- Acorn TV - the best in British TV and film
- The Great Courses - lifelong learning and personal enrichment video series
- Indieflix - wide variety of indie films, both features and documentaries
- Pongalo - Spanish-language telenovellas and feature films (Pongalo will be leaving RBDigital on 8/21/20)
- Stingray Qello - full-length concerts and music documentaries
- RBdigital Help
Kanopy streams thoughtful entertainment to bridge cultural boundaries and bring people together with a mix of award-winning feature films, documentaries, and educational content, including Criterion Collection titles and The Great Courses.
Play up to 10 titles per month
For a limited time, access Credit-Free Viewing through the category of the same name or all content on Kanopy Kids!
- Movies are available to view for 3 days
- Check Kanopy Help for compatible devices, including Apple TV, Android, Chromecast, iOS, Roku, and more!
The library has a daily allotment of checkouts from Hoopla. If you receive a message that the daily limit has been reached, all available checkouts have been used for the day. The next day's allotment resets at midnight.
Starting August 1, stream or download up to 8 titles total among the following formats per month:
For a limited time, save your monthly checkouts by looking for titles listed as Bonus Borrows!
- Movies - check out for 3 days
- Television - check out for 3 days
- Music - check out for 7 days
- Audiobooks - check out for 21 days
- ebooks - check out for 21 days
- Graphic Novels - check out for 21 days
- Check Hoopla Help for compatible devices, including Alexa, Android, Apple TV, iOS, Roku, and more!
On December 10, 2019, Hoopla implemented new security measures that may cause some patrons to experience issues accessing content. If you are affected, please visit the Hoopla settings menu and re-enter your library card number and PIN. If you do not know your PIN, please contact the reference department at 630-584-0076 x1.